As you can image, a patio door needs lots of extra engineering and structural reinforcement to outlive hurricane-force winds and flying debris. That’s definitely true to FeelSafe patio doors. Despite their stylish good looks and effortless operation, our swinging patio doors are built to take it. They swing out—not in—for optimum protection from high winds.
- Can withstand hurricane-force winds with an impressive structural performance rating of PG 65 (+65/-70) for a two-wide or PG 60 (+60/-60) for three- and four-wide configurations.
- Add striking dimension with optional full-radius top in up to 2-wide combinations & 10' tall.
- European 5-point locking system for maximum security.
- Chemically bonded joints and stainless steel hinges and strike plates.
- Unique ¼” plate mull option provides appearance of seamless direct mull to transoms & sidelites.
- Approved for combinations up to 12’ width x 8’3” height.
- Thick heavy-duty extruded aluminum cladding for a low maintenance exterior.
- Extra heavy-duty .05” thick extruded aluminum structural nailing fin standard.
- Butt hinges standard.
- Protected by our exclusive CoreGuard Plus™, the industry’s best wood protection.
- Blocks 99% of UV rays.
- Strongest, laminated glass uniquely constructed on the outside of your window, where it won’t be broken by a stray golf ball or sea gull.
- Largest selection of options including 75 exterior AAMA 2605 powder-coat and anodize finishes.
Grilles Between The Glass
Easy to clean and affordable, our aluminum grilles between the glass achieve the divided lite look with the grille sealed between the panes of glass. This leaves the visual appeal without the interference of the grille.
Grilles between the glass come in your choice of profiles: 11/16" or 1" contour or 5/8" flat. Available in 8 popular color choices.